Wednesday, July 5

30 days to go...

My internship is up in thirty days. It's been an interesting experience, but for some reason it feels like it's just getting started. I feel stronger, wiser, more rational, more faithful, but something feels off. I am really looking forward to going home to Ft. Lauderdale on August 5th for three reasons, one I get to see my family, especially my brother; two is that Richard, my brother and I get to go to a Mae show that is right down the street from my house; and third I get time to sit at the beach and process all of what the Lord has taught me this summer. There is a lot in my head, and I just simply don't have the time to process it all. I am really looking forward to getting home, this is going to be amazing! I had to skip II Kings in order to get almost up to date with my Bible reading, I'll tackle it when I get home, or on the ride home with Pooter (Richard)! Good news though! The one guy that I lead to Christ, Jadarya, he wants to get together this Friday for lunch, so we finally get some discipleship in here for the last few weeks! I'm just praying that he can make a connection with these guys, the Firebrand people, because that's what really matters.

Vaka is on right now, Untitled #1 from ( ), I love this song so much. Just like music always does, it places images, memories, future or past, in my head, in my heart. I think the Lord has really made me differently when it comes to this. I'm sure other people, like Cassie, have this same thing, but music just does it for us. I rememember events so much better with a soundtrack that I make posted to it. This whole album reminds me of the last two years in high school, in the Keys house. I miss that house so much! All the memories of staying up all night before leaving for camp, jumping on the Weiland's trampoline until 2 am with Monte, Waffle House (Awful House?), all the good memories with my friends that are too sweet to let out of my heart. I vividly remember looking out into the southern skys, a moonless night with an undulating blanket of stars to keep me occupied. Thinking of those nights, walking down Atlantic Ave., praying, thinking, praying some more. Watching the Molasses Reef bouy's marker light ebb and flow in the black night warmth. Thinking of how the Lord will use my life, how it will all pan out, thinking of all of my friends, and the mindless times we spent together. Thinking of Monte, how much he poured into my life, how much he helped me understand my faith, understand what I was doing with my life, understand who I was. Thinking of how I've never really cared as much for a friend as I did for Monte, how tightly the Lord knit our hearts together...those memories I will not forget. I refuse to.

So here I am, about to start my second half of college, with a whole new book to write in, a whole new slew of memories, of friends to meet, of days to spend with the Lord. I personally can't wait, and I think that's one of the biggest lessons I've learend out of this whole internship. That friends are invaluable, that we can't live without them, and the memories they leave are some of the sweetest, textured times of my life.