Saturday, July 22

what lies beneath

We had big plans today for FSUbmerge to go to the springs with the new people we are meeting. I was pretty excited. On the way out I got a call from my dad. "Dave, hope this doesn't ruin your day today, but your cousin Densie drowned yesterday. They found her on the bottom of the lake." Yeah, not a good start to the day today. I only met Denise once when she came down to stay with us for a few days in the Keys. She's my dad's cousin really, married with three kids (17, 13 & 11). This is really tragic, and I might have to leave Tally for a few days, but somehow the Lord will be glorified in this. It's not too rough for me, I didn't know her (how pathetic is that? that my flesh doesn't even want to mourn) but I know it will be very hard for the rest of my family. Please pray for us, that someone will speak the healing words of Jesus Christ. If I go, I definately want to talk with some of my family about Christ, they need to hear this, especially after something like this. Thanks for reading.