Monday, October 23

ready...fire...aim!!!

"The fear of man is a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is safe" -Proverbs 29:25

"Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord." -1 Cor. 15:58

Here we go, tomorrow I begin preaching in Turlington. I would think that I would be freaking out, but suprisingly docile.

"How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher?" -Romans 10:14

This has to be done, the Lord has to be glorified, or else this life is a waste of oxygen and space. If we don't lose our lives at the foot of the cross, how are we supposed to find them in the first place. Lord, if one gram of me sprouts pride, stick the thorn in my side, deflate that balloon.

"But the word is very near you, in your mouth and in your heart, that you may observe it." -Deut. 30:14

No comments: