Thursday, March 8

enough

that's it. i've had enough of the Bible.

what i'm saying is that i'm sick and tired of feeling obligated to catch up in my 'bible-in-a-year' plan. don't get me wrong, i think they are great tools for people to get some discipline in their life. but for me and another one of the guys in my life, it's not working out. technically, i'm still on the readings for february 22nd, and i feel like i can't get in the Word if i'm not going to make an effort to catch up, and i think that's wrong. so i'm going to start in I Kings and read, hopefully every day. there is just something different about not having a schedule, and i'm no less of a christian if i'm not reading the Bible in a year. yeah, it's good, but it's getting too legalistic for me. my God is a person, a relationship, not a formula.

No comments: