Thursday, January 19

can I CIRCA survive? (get it?)

I'm here at the CIRCA lab at work, I really like this job! I get to help people, which rocks, and I get to waste time on the web. Classes honestly should be pretty easy this semester, and I'm liking Bio Lab already. 1) I know we are going to get in some good discussions in there about evolution and stuff and 2) JB Bopp is in there as well. So I'm excited about that, and that means that I will have more time to support raise and spend time with my guys, younger and older. I'm a little intimidated about support raising, but I'm ok for now, but I think once we get to Orlando to the conference, I'm honestly not sure what to expect. I know He will provide.
Lately I've been making trips out to Paines Prarie at midnight or 1am. It's eerie how honest I can be with God out there. I'm no sure what it is, but I definately connect out there, under the blanket of stars. Last night was quite interesting, I actually felt like I was having a verbal conversation with God, and it was incredibly peaceful at times, others were a little emotional. I told God last night, if I could have 20 min. with Him, oh man. I'm not exactly sure what I would I would ask, I honestly don't even know if I would even want to ask anything at all. I'd be pretty content with just sitting there, in His glory, but that's what Heaven is for. And I'm realizing that I really don't know what I want. I think I do at times, but I really don't, because I'm so dang complex (...thanks, Adam). I'm trusting that God's got it all figured out, how cliche does that sound? Christianese sucks. He knows the depths of my heart, He flippin created me!!!
My roommate John's girlfriend has been coming in from Tallahassee a lot lately, and we got into a good discussion about religion. She is hardcore Jewish, reformed of course, but hardcore nontheless. Makes sense right? Anyways, we were just talking about respect for other religions and how she listens to Relient K and junk. I ended up challenging her to read The Gospel of John, she said she would. Hopefully John will be a good witness to her, I hope. Off to go walk around the lab, I might update again later today.

No comments: