Monday, January 23

simplicity

I've been listening to A Collision here at work for a bit now, and i'm finding this theme, wait. This is from Crowder's site on the song "Rescue Is Coming":


and while we yet were sinners, christ died for us. he did not leave us alone. he stepped into our condition to bring us back to god. to bring us back to what was intended. the divine, bearing all depravity. the most horrific of collisions. the most tragic and beautiful. the breaking is glorious and loud. we have won. it might not feel like it. you might not can see it just yet. but the reality of our situation is that rescue is present. every second of life is spent in the very presence of god. there is not a second of human history that he has not been present. majesty is here. and it is coming. finally. just be quiet. and wait.


I remember reading somewhere, maybe it was my Bible, about the definition of 'salvation'. It's such a simple, yet gorgeous, concept. The author was talking about how that term, salvation, was used in the depths of battle, when all hope seemed to be lost and death seemed certain. You are moments from going six feet under, and here it comes. All you have to do is wait for it, but here it comes, the second wave of your troops to come in and kick the you know what out of your enemy, to turn the tables of odds and run for victory. I remember one time my brother and I were swimming in my grandpa's pool, and he swam off the deep end, and he wasn't the best swimmer. He started to drown, and I had to go out there and save him. I wasn't the best swimmer either, but if I didn't do something, that situation could have turned ugly. And there I was, in a sense, my brothers salvation. And there Christ is, our salvation. The hand we reach for when the waters drown out the light, the second wave of soldiers. And all we have to do is wait. A few days ago before class started, my friend Corey asked me why I looked upset, and I told her that I was having a crappy day cause my timeline wasn't the same as God's and I was impatient. Because I didn't grasp a four letter word, I had a piss poor day. And I see it now, God's amazing provision, in his amazing timing, and by us utilizing His amazing gift of prayer to align our will to His perfect one, they are all here, never leaving us even when we think it has. So I sit, and carve that word on my heart, wait. Just be quiet and wait. Our rescue is coming.

No comments: