Monday, February 13

i swear i just got new glasses

Life is cool cause of changing perceptions. Peter and I sat in my car after lunch today, talking, almost yelling. It was good though, because a lot of things that I was expecting out of God were off, but Peter helped shed some light on my problem. We always say "walk by faith and not by sight" and stuff like that, which I always knew before. But it's different for me now, especially in the "worship" setting, where now my motives and intentions are a bit more towards were I think God wants them to be. I'm an emotional person, God made me that way, and I'm not going to waste my time and energy into changing that. Being passionate about life isn't a bad thing, and I was passionate about hearing from God in the "worship" times on Sunday morning. I can hear Cori Matthews voice in the back of my head from my freshman year, telling us that worship isn't about our wants, desires, or hurts, but thanking God for who He is, and for what He has, is, and will do. This isn't a groundbreaking concept, or radically new, just refreshing. It's good to feel my chest, take a deep breath, and realize that I am still deficient by design and there is nothing that I could (nor want to) do to change that. I guess I base a lot of things on emotions in my life, decision making and the like, and this can lead me astray or somehow on a path that isn't the best for me.

So I love Peter, he's a great friend, and I look forward to us pouring into eachother over the next few years. We'll see where God takes it.

No comments: