Saturday, February 25

my head hurts. a lot.

First of, I'm going to miss this crew. We are already pretty tight, all working towards a common goal, and there is definately a lot of comorodarie here. Pardon the spelling errors, i'm dead freaking tired. We are all going to be on a listserv so that we can e-mail eachother our stories and encouraging verses. The crew from Michigan is so dang cool, I've bonded with a few of their guys. Today we went over what we are exactly going to say when we sit down for the "presentation speech" with people, which should only happen about 20 times. Once I get a few down in real life, I'll be ok. Paul Standinger and a few other people will be doing exit interviews tomorrow before we leave to make sure that we are ready. I need to get a few things down, like my decription of GCM and whatnot. I hate speaking so fast, I'm makes me stumble over my words. I need to force myself to slow down.

Overall it's been an incredible conference. It's more than drinking out of a firehose, it's like opening your mouth under Niagra Falls. There is so much expected of you in such a short amount of time it's crazy. Satan has/is/will try to lie to me, telling me I'm not supposed to be here, but I know the Truth, I know that He never lets the righteous go without provision. The Lord already answered a prayer today that I haven't even prayed about! I needed to get a shift at work picked up every once in a while, and this guy from work randomly called me wanting to pick up my overnight shifts. That was so dang awesome!!

With a combination of being extremely tired, a little homesick, and missing my friends, I got discouraged tonight. I was sitting down with Derek, practicing my talk, and he said that I didn't sound very excited about what I was talking about. I'm so freaking tired, I think that's why. But I took it to heart, and even now I'm a little discouraged. I've got some Crowder on, trying to get my head on straight. Sam and I are going to do one more runthrough before we get to bed here in a mineute. I've got a lot of work to do this semester, no time for messing around. This is going to be a semester of true character development, and we'll see what the Lord brings out when you squeeze the orange. I'm excited about edifying and being edified by my brothers and sisters here as we go through this semester. Some have to raise $15,000, others like me have to do a normal $8,500, and some are doing about $6,000. It all depends on the length and location of your program. I've got to get to bed now, no running for me tomorrow, just Jesus. Yeah, goodnight, and thank you for reading this.

No comments: