Wednesday, February 22

social peacock?

Sitting here in class, Interpersonal Communications, so I decided to blog. This class is ok, I've had better. A lot better. We had to write one of our journals for class on our most intimate relationship, so naturally I wrote on Jesus! I loved it, it came out pretty good. I'll let you read it, just cause I love yall:

When I think of the most important relationship that I have, immediately I think of my relationship with Jesus Christ. I’ve personally known him since I was a kid back in 1998, where my introduced me to him. Most people have heard of him, you know, Son of God, His only begotten Son, the perfect man. I formed this relationship almost out of necessity, because if I never started hanging out with him, my entire life (and much more) would have been affected. Part of it was necessity, another motive was just responding to what he had to offer me. He freely offers eternal life to anyone who asks, so I took it, and now I’m spending more time with him than I ever thought I would when we started this relationship.
It’s taken a few different forms over the past few years, especially in high school, but the fundamentals of the friendship have remained the same. Back in high school, girls and popularity seemed to take place of my time with Jesus, and consequently I put it on the back burner. I never completely walked away from all of it, but I definitely wasn’t treating our relationship as if it held any substance with me. It stayed this way till about my senior year, when I started to get a more realistic perspective of things that really mattered in this life. Now, 2 years into college, he has meant more to me than ever before, and I can’t see my life even continuing another day without him. I know he will never ever leave me regardless of what I do or say, but my life wouldn’t be as nearly as interesting, exciting, meaningful, and full of life as it is now. Even though I still don’t realize how much I really owe him because of what he did for me on the cross, I realize a piece of it, and that causes me to freely give up my time, motives, desires, and life without hesitation. There is tension there in the relationship sometimes, but not all of the time. If there is, it’s usually because I’m stubborn and shortsighted, or my will and desires aren’t what’s best for me. Usually it’s resolved by just spending time with him out in nature or reading his journal, The Bible. Self-discipline is pretty important, but not completely necessary to the continuation of the relationship. I need to set aside time, a good hour per day, and just chill with him. If I don’t, then I start to freak out and get worried about things that I really shouldn’t be.
I have never ever been more satisfied in my entire life than now, as I live the life that the Lord is laying out for me. When I realize that my ways are pretty pathetic compared to his infinite wisdom, and I submit to that, a collision occurs and true beauty appears.



I wrote it in like 20 min, just flowed very nicely. It's pretty dang foggy today, I like it, except my lenses get little raindrops all over them. So much for a quiet time outside today. I'm going to reinstall XP at the CSC later on, this computer gets so slow, it's just time to get it done. Still waiting on the MacBook Pro, well, waiting for the funds to come in. I'm going to do the Radiant Research study on hooida, so 1 weekend I get $600, it's not bad!!!! I'll put that towards it or the Casio digital camera. I'm trying not to be a consumer Christian, just a wise investor. I'll pay a bit more now for something that will last me a lot longer than a dell or something. I need to pay attention here in class....so peace out.

No comments: